What is Lean Daily Improvement?
Our Lean First training program recognizes that lean doesn’t work unless an organization is invested in it and prepared to spread lean thinking throughout. We teach and coach Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs), Value Stream Analysis (VSM), and Lean Leadership, but we start with Lean Daily Improvement (LDI) because it gives learners the basic knowledge, skills and confidence to effect change using proven lean methodologies. With LDI, workers from the frontline to the back office ― and the administrators and clinicians in between ― learn how to use tools such as the team huddle, counter measures, and a visual management board to keep improvements on track as work is being done. This kind of lean training and coaching has resonated with our rural clients, and now it’s available to clients across the country through our new, e-learning platform PHA Direct. In addition to the convenience of online training, this offering may be eligible for SHIP/FLEX funds. For more information on how we can provide your staff with Lean Daily Improvement Training and Certification, contact Allison Bryan Jungels.
Find out more about our Lean Daily Improvement Facilitator course, available online from PHA Direct.
Articles about Lean Daily Improvement
- Multi-specialty healthcare provider establishes protocol to assess opioid prescriptions for older adult patients (Extended Care Specialists)
- Lean Daily Improvement helps improve chronic care management enrollment at multiple sites (HealthLinc)
- A Northeast Indiana primary care applies practice transformation tools to hit MIPS metrics (Dupont Family Medicine)
- Lean improvement for behavioral health services organization helps to provide more timely care for patients with personality disorders (Southwestern Behavioral Health)
- Rural hospital uses Lean Daily Improvement to increase patient feedback (Woodlawn Hospital)
- Primary care provider uses PHA's Lean Daily Improvement to better A1c measures (Elwood Family Medicine)
- Small Mishawaka practice uses Lean Daily Improvement to improve MIPS metric (McKinley & Shipshewana Medical Clinics)
- Primary care practice improves EHR efficiency for better physician-patient interaction (Premier Family Medicine)
- Northwest Indiana-based provider network improves its diabetes care monitoring with Lean Daily Improvement(Community Care Network, Inc.)
Lean First Program: Lean Daily Improvement Facilitator — Provides information on our LDI Facilitator training and certification programs, which are offered in several forms: in-person classroom, remote, and/or online.
Lean Healthcare Transformation Initiative — Details a program offered by Purdue Healthcare Advisors to 15 of Indiana's Critical Access Hospitals and Rural Hospitals through funding from the Medicare Rural Hospital Flex Grant Program via the Indiana State Office of Rural Health (INSORH). An extension to the three-year initiative allows Purdue Healthcare Advisors to work with another five organizations in the state on LDI Training for Leaders.