MAPIR updates mean no MU submissions from Dec. 16th until second quarter of 2016Thursday, November 19, 2015
In October, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released a final rule (with comment period), specifying the criteria that eligible professionals (EPs), and eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (EH/CAHs) must meet in order to demonstrate meaningful use. These changes encompass modifications to the program for 2015-2017 (Modified Stage 2), as well as Stage 3 in 2018 and beyond.
What You Need to Know for Program Year 2015 (PY2015)
The new final rule provides for modifications to reporting period and objective/measure requirements for EP and EH/CAH participants for PY2015:
- EHR Reporting Period: All participants will attest to an EHR reporting period of any continuous 90-day period within the calendar year. EPs may select any continuous 90-day reporting period in 2015 from January 1-December 31. EH/CAHs may select any continuous 90-day period from October 1, 2014-December 31, 2015.
- Objectives & Measures: All participants are required to use 2014 Edition certified EHR technology and attest to a single set of objectives and measures, which replaces the core/menu structure from previous program years. EPs have a single set of 10 objectives, and EH/CAHs have a single set of 9 objectives.
Medicaid EHR Incentive Program PY2015 Applications
The Indiana Health Coverage Programs (IHCP) will be updating the Medical Assistance Provider Incentive Repository (MAPIR) system to accommodate the final rule’s new provisions. Participants beyond the first year of meaningful use must wait until the MAPIR system upgrades are complete. The IHCP anticipates that all system updates will be complete by 2nd quarter of 2016.
Currently, the IHCP is only accepting the following PY2015 applications:
- AIU submissions
- Participants demonstrating meaningful use for the first time in PY2015 using the Stage 1 (2014) core/menu objective set
Effective December 16th, the MAPIR portal will be closed to all Meaningful Use application submissions until the upgrades are complete. During this time, only AIU applications for PY 2015 will be accepted.
To view all the program changes with this final rule, visit the CMS EHR Incentive Programs home page. For more information:
- Contact the Indiana Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Help Desk for information about registering or attesting to MU via the MAPIR portal at 855-856-9563 or MedicaidHealthIT@fssa.in.gov
- Contact Purdue Healthcare Advisors for questions related to meeting the objectives and how this new MU final rule affects you at 844-PHA-INMU (844-742-468) or INMedicaidMUHelp@pha.purdue.edu
Writer: Natalie Stewart, 765-496-1265, email@example.com
Tags: Quality Services