Application: LHTI Cohort 3
Application for LHTI Cohort 3
The Lean Healthcare Transformation Initiative's (LHTI) is seeking two additional organizations to complete its third training cohort. The multi-year lean training, project implementation and certification program funded by the Indiana State Office of Rural Health (INSORH) through the Medicare Rural Hospital Flex Grant Program aims to guide each participant to establish an internal, basic-level Certified Lean Office that will drive its change process and prepare it with the skills needed to sustain lean gains. LHTI Cohort 3 gets underway in the fall of 2020.
Purdue Healthcare Advisors (PHA) invites Critical Access Hospitals, Rural Hospitals and Rural Health Clinics to apply to participate. Applications that involve multiple organizations — especially those spanning hospitals, clinics, local health departments or other settings critical for a community approach to care — will be given a higher rating for selection. Two previous cohorts have moved/are moving through the program. In 2019, PHA certified five (5) Lean Offices in Indiana Critical Access Hospitals from Cohort 1.
We are still looking for fill a few more training spots for in the third cohort. Inquire by contacting Jonathan Chalfant.
Benefits to You
- Build sustainable process improvement and change-making capability in your organization
- Advance key initiatives to improve care delivery and health outcomes within your community
- Develop adaptive leadership skills to drive an enterprise-lean, transformational effort
- Advance the health of your rural community by networking with key community partners in a small care, neighborhood framework
- Drive outcomes that support the transition to value-based healthcare models
Curriculum Year 1
- Introduction to lean process improvement and development of an Appreciative Question to drive lean strategy
- Lean Strategy Event to drive lean deployment through Strategic Doing
- Lean Daily Improvement (LDI) Training for leaders
- Onsite coaching day in the spring with remote coaching support by PHA lean experts
Curriculum Year 2
- Lean Leader Training and Lean Office Certification opportunity
- Lean Practitioner Training & Certification on Rapid Improvement Events at regional sites
- Onsite coaching
The first year of the LHTI program facilitates and supports learning and organizational change by introducing Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs) and by helping to spread skill-building across the organization through Lean Daily Improvement (LDI) Training & Certification. The second year of the initiative is the time for core team members to earn their Lean Practitioner (LP) certifications, and for the team to bring in front line leaders for LDI training. At that time, core team members will assume greater lean leadership responsibilities by executing improvement events that align with their organization’s top strategic priorities.
Please fill out the form below to apply to participate in LHTI Cohort 3.
“This Is Purdue” welcomes former Indiana Health Commissioner and U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams to Purdue as the university's first executive director of health equity initiatives. ...
Purdue's Regenstrief Center and IU Health to lead fight against opioids in two Indiana communities Aug 24
Led by Purdue and IU Health, CORE-ECI — a consortium of university, health care, faith-based and local government entities — will work to improve prevention, treatment and recovery services in Blackford and Jay Counties ...
Tara Hatfield and Leigh Ann Griffin to lead the board of directors of two Indiana healthcare-related associations. ...